26th September, 2022
Last date to apply
8th October, 2022
FLOOD RESPONSE MANAGER
PART 1 – JOB DESCRIPTION
- JOB OVERVIEW
The finance coordinator will play a key role in implementing and maintaining the financial systems for the flood response programme in accordance with the Tearfund policies and procedures. The role will be responsible for the donor compliance, financial reporting, audit & reviews, financial administration, grant financial cycle, maintaining policies according to Tearfund policies and procedures in order to safeguard and mitigate the risk of financial loss, fraud and donor accountability.
- POSITION IN ORGANISATION
- Grade: A4
- Reports to Flood Response Manager
- ORGANISATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- The post-holder will, at all times, carry out their responsibilities with the utmost respect for the protection of children in accordance with Tearfund’s Safeguarding Policy.
- The post-holder will be expected to adhere to Tearfund’s ‘Code of Conduct’ as referred to in the Personal Conduct Policy.
- CORPORATE POLICIES, MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS AND PROCEDURES
- Contribute towards promoting and adhering to Tearfund’s Purpose, Basis of Faith, Core Values and Operating Principles.
- Provide support and guidance to team members to ensure all activities are compliant with standard operating procedures.
- Contribute towards compliance with all in-country legal, contractual and statutory requirements as delegated by the Grants & Finance Manager.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITY
- Record Prepare finance reports for the flood response programme on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and present the monthly BvA analysis to the Flood Response Manager, Grants and Finance Manager and budget holders of the programme.
- Review the budget availability for the flood response activities and prepare a spending plan in coordination with the programme staff to ensure confirm spending
- Regular financial monitoring of the programme implementation partners, build capacity, review reports and record expenditures in the TF financial systems.
- Assist Grants and Finance Manager in partner assessment for the Implementation partners
- Processing the invoices from vendors and other payments; ensuring the tax compliances are in order with the Income Tax Ordinance of Pakistan.
- Processing staff payments & reviewing the liquidation of staff advance appropriately charging to the correct budget heads.
- Prepare and post journals for the Flood Response transactions in coordination with the Grants and Finance Coordinator.
- Overseeing Day to day management of the finance function, including oversight of cash disbursements, cash receipts, banking, and petty cash management, collection and payment of relevant taxes to local authorities and other finance related tasks.
- Supervising the timely and accurate cash transfer requests.
- Review Bank Reconciliation Statements and follow up on discrepancies as required.
- Prepare movement & ageing of operational advances issued to the staff on a monthly basis and advise appropriate action to the management based on the report.
- Prepare and submit the calculation of taxes while disbursing payments to the vendors and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate visits and meet the requirements of external and internal Auditors and other external stakeholders.
- Assist Grants & Finance Manager / Flood Response Manager in developing activity schedules, budget consumption plans and compilation of the donor report.
- Conduct regular field trips to project sites to review activity progress and assist managers in identifying the financial implications of changes in proposed activities and assist in revising budget lines as required.
- Review preparation of the tax challans of vendors & staff’s income tax for timely submission to the tax authorities.
- Ensuring that procurement procedures are being followed in coordination with the Logistics department.
- Responsible for all financial donor reports (Monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual) and ensure the submission on time in effective & efficient manner
- Preparation of monthly reports, Balance sheet, income & expenditure statement, analysis of spending trends, and presentation of risks of underspending (if any) and mitigation strategies to senior management
- Prepare the term of reference for Project Audit as required, management Letter Responses and support Grant and Finance Manager for finalisation of Audit.
- To provide relevant and timely program related financial information to program managers.
- Payroll processing including coordination with HR, tax calculations/adjustments and other deductions, bank transfers, payslips generation and employee tax deduction certificates issuance.
- Ensures the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all financial reports
- Ensure correct withholding tax deduction, deposit to govt treasury and timely filing of the statements
- Development of SOPs & Internal Control Mechanism for the smooth running of the operations.
- Overseeing Day to day management of finance function, including oversight of cash disbursements, cash receipts, banking, and petty cash management, collection and payment of relevant taxes to local authorities and other finance related tasks
- Review Bank Reconciliation Statements and following up on discrepancies as required
- Facilitate visits and meet the requirements of external and internal auditor and other external stakeholders & donor visits
- Develop budget consumption plan in coordination with the Flood Response Manager
- Any other task assigned by the Grants & Finance Manager and Flood Response Manager.
- TEAM PARTICIPATION
- Establish good working relationships with relevant government staff, stakeholders and other agencies to facilitate financial processes.
- Establish banking arrangements and maintain liaison with principal bankers.
- EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS / REPRESENTATION
- Ensure Tearfund’s performance management system is effectively implemented for project based Finance staff, with objective settings, probationary reviews, regular catch ups, 6-monthly performance appraisals, personal development planning and exit interviews, carried out for staff.
PART 2 – PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Degree in Finance or equivalent certification
- ACCA qualification
- Proven hands-on finance experience of 5+ years
- Proven experience of grants management, financial management, donor compliance and reporting.
- Experience of working with institutional donors.
- Ability to represent finance independently at Head office and donor level
- Negotiation and representation skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Training skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to learn fast
- Computer literate in financial management software
- Fluent in english language
- Experience of coordination and communication with the donor
- Emotionally and spiritually mature
- Team player
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
- Flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Diplomatic and determined
- Willingness to travel and live in basic conditions
- An understanding of and a commitment to Tearfund’s Mission, People developer and motivator
- All roles require a DBS/Police check
- Tearfund is a member of the SCHR Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
- Personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure